How to Get a Job at Walgreens
This is a complete guide (everything you need to know) for applying to Walgreens. This guide contains the following information:
Make More Money!
Learn How to Become a Pharmacy Tech
Facts About Working at Walgreens
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Walgreens?)
Available Positions: Cashier, custodian, district manager, manager, pharmacy technician, photo specialist, sales associate
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Applying Online With the Walgreens Website
Go to the Walgreens website career page and select the in-store or pharmacy job tab to find available entry-level positions.
Scroll down to the Career Areas tabs and click on your preferred role.
Scroll through the results generated by your choice for the role that best suits you. Use the filter to refine the results as needed (location, part time vs full time etc).
Review the job description. Click the Apply button if you like the description.
This part might take you to a separate site that processes the applications for Walgreens (brassring.com).
Create an account using a valid email address, then choose security questions and set a password to begin the official application process.
Complete the entire Walgreens online application form, answering all questions and providing contact information, resume details, and references when necessary. You may also upload your resume directly to the portal.
Certify that you’ve answered all application questions honestly, that you are eligible for the position you’ve applied for and that you agree to submit to drug testing and a background check if you reach the next step of the Walgreens hiring process.
Short cut: Use the search feature at the top of the page.
Type the job title, location and radius into the search fields at the top of the page to find available positions in your area.
Tips for Applying
Job postings on the Walgreens career page give an overview of each position and information about the job requirements, responsibilities, advancement opportunities, and a list of attributes that make a successful candidate. Read through this information to learn what the company expects from applicants in this role, and provide examples in your resume to show how you embody those traits.
What Happens Next?
Hiring managers review applications and assessments before contacting job hopefuls. In-store interviews follow. This process takes less than three weeks. Contacting stores directly and checking back with online profiles can also be effective.
Checking Your Application Status
After you submit your Walgreens application online, it usually takes less than two weeks to hear back from the hiring manager and schedule an interview. Within that time frame, you can check your online account profile to see the status of your application. You could also contact your local Walgreens directly to check on your application.
Walgreens Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Walgreens:
Typical Job Openings
Most locations also carry wellness products, beauty essentials, and groceries. Other areas of the stores include photo printing centers. Each department needs to be staffed by friendly, courteous, and outgoing workers. Walgreens hires employees to operate cash registers, help customers locate items, and promote in-store savings programs.
The health care chain employs over 200,000 workers. Entry-level applicants work in numerous customer service roles as well as in pharmacy centers. These careers are both full-time and part-time and qualify for benefits and opportunities to advance to manager roles at Walgreens.
Job Positions & Salaries
To qualify for full-time or part-time work with Walgreens, applicants must be 16 years old. Job hopefuls do not need prior experience, but those pursuing employment in photography and pharmacy must meet certain standards. Read about them here:
- Associates are entry-level and make about $9.00 an hour.
- Working registers, stocking, and keeping stores clean are the main demands of this job.
- Walgreens promotes from within the company, and this starting career usually leads to raises and advancements.
- Take a look at the Walgreens sales associate job description.
- Technicians assist pharmacists, helping fill prescriptions and interacting with patients.
- Once hired, associates receive paid training and become certified.
- While workers at Walgreens only have to be 16 years old, employees in the pharmacies are required to be 18 or older.
- Candidates must also show some knowledge of the field and pass training and background checks. Salary packages begin at $11.00 hourly.
- Read the Walgreens Pharmacy Tech job description.
Learn How to Become a Pharmacy Tech
- Walgreens employees in this department take in-store and online orders, process pictures, and aid customers with photo kiosks.
- Training takes place after the hiring process to teach associates how to use the equipment.
- Hourly wages begin at $9.00.
- Applicants for these positions are valued if they are tech-savvy and confident.
- Shift leader and manager trainee positions help supervise associates.
- Assistant managers and store managers hire, train, and schedule staff and focus on keeping stores profitable.
- Managers in training and shift leaders make between $12.00 and $16.00 an hour.
- Assistant store managers earn annual salary options between $35,000 and $40,000, while store managers have annual pay rates up to $70,000.
- Read the Walgreens manager job description to see more information on available managerial careers.
Walgreens employment benefits include:
- Store discounts
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Sick time
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Prescription coverage
Eligible workers can also be enrolled in 401(k) retirement plans.
Additional Information about Walgreens
Walgreens is a leading health, drug, and daily living retailer. Found across the country, it has over 8,000 locations, and is headquartered in Chicago, IL.
Sandra A Reese says:
I worked as a cashier at Walgreens and I like it.
Marilyn Carrero says:
I used to work at Walgreens on Cosmetics and Perfumes area in Aguadilla PR. I had a satisfation with this experience because I’m a cosmetologist and I enjoy when I make people feel happy when I recommend makeup, perfumes, or any kit from Elizabeth Arden.
How old do I have to be to work as a cashier or any other postition?
[email protected]@g3r_ says:
16 years old is usually the mininum
fabio osaben says:
I enjoyed working at Walgreens as a cashier and stocking the store which was a high volume store.