Wendy's is a fast food chain that serves hamburgers, chicken, fries, and other options. The brand operates over 6,000 stores worldwide. Founded in 1969 in Columbus, OH, the brand is based in the nearby town of Dublin.
Facts About Working at Wendys
Minimum Age to Work at Wendys: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Wendys?)
Wendys Hours of Operation: Hours vary by location
Available Positions at Wendys: Crew Member, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, General Manager, Day-Time Crew Member, Fast Food Attendant, Drive-Thru Crew Member, Evening Crew Member, Shift Supervisor, Breakfast Crew Member, Maintenance Technician, Breakfast Shift Leader, Breakfast Manager, Cashier, Facilities Technician
Drive for Lyft! Call 855-407-9995 to apply
Wendy’s Employee Interview VideosListen to former employees discuss working at Wendy’s:
Wendy’s Job OpportunitiesNecessary Skills
All potential employees should be comfortable working on a team and have a good attitude. Communication, writing, and math abilities are also important.Apply Online or In-Store
Job seekers can submit Wendy’s application forms on the company’s website or in-store. On the careers portal, prospective hires will browse full-time and part-time listings.Levels of Proficiency
The company hires entry-level candidates to fill most roles. Applicants with more experience serve as managers. Part-time Wendy’s jobs teach customer service and food prep.
Employment and Salary Information for Wendy’s
The restaurant offers part-time employment to high school students. Entry-level applicants as young as 14 qualify for hiring. Wendy’s job seekers may see openings in the following positions:
- Crew members must have strong social skills.
- Typical duties include taking and delivering orders.
- The entry-level position requires workers to stand for the entirety of their shifts.
- Jobs usually pay about $9.00 in hourly wages.
- Check out the Wendy’s crew member job description.
- These employees grill burgers and keep work stations clean.
- Occasionally workers may serve at the front counter or drive-thru window.
- Cooks often earn job benefits such as salary packages and life insurance.
- Pay rate typically starts around minimum, but may increase over time.
- Learn more by accessing the Wendy’s cook job description.
- This Wendy’s job mainly involves taking orders, greeting guests, and operating the register.
- Secondary duties include wiping off tables and vacuuming.
- Entry-level cashiers earn average hourly wages of $9.00 per hour.
- Workers need to be friendly, since talking to patrons is key.
- Read the Wendy’s cashier job description for more information.
- These Wendy’s careers provide leadership and support.
- Management makes sure each customer enjoys a positive dining experience.
- Additional responsibilities involve hiring and scheduling.
- Salary options range from $30k to $45k per year.
Tips for Applying
Candidates who apply online can fill out application forms for multiple Wendy’s jobs at once. Those who list current employers as references may be more likely to receive employment offers.
Job hopefuls should call or visit the store to check on their Wendy’s application status. Hiring managers are usually available after opening or in the middle of the afternoon. Most locations tend to be busy during lunch and dinner hours.
Benefits of Working at Wendy’s
Full-time workers receive the following Wendy’s job benefits:
- Healthcare coverage with dental, vision, and medical insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid vacation and paid time off
Part-time Wendy’s jobs bring employment benefits like flexible schedules, discounted meals, and competitive pay.
Additional Information about Wendy’s
Wendy’s helps children in foster care find homes. The restaurant chain oversees the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, an organization named for the company founder.