Wendy's is a fast food chain that serves hamburgers, chicken, fries, and other options. The brand operates over 6,000 stores worldwide. Founded in 1969 in Columbus, OH, the brand is based in the nearby town of Dublin.
Facts About Working at Wendys
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Wendys?)
Available Positions: Assistant manager, cashier, cook, crew member, general manager, shift supervisor, team member
Wendy’s Employee Interview Videos
Listen to former employees discuss working at Wendy’s:
Wendy’s Career Opportunities
All potential employees should be comfortable working on teams and have good attitudes. Communication, writing, and math abilities are also important.
Apply Online or In-Store
Job seekers can submit Wendy’s application forms on the company’s website or in person. Recruits have access to all current part-time and full-time listings through the online career portal.
Levels of Proficiency
The company hires entry-level candidates to fill most roles. New workers typically learn customer service and food prep skills. Those with more experience serve as managers.
Employment and Salary Information for Wendy’s
The restaurant offers part-time employment to high school students. Hiring managers will consider applicants as young as 14. Wendy’s job seekers may see openings in the following positions:
- Crew members must have strong social skills.
- Typical duties include taking and delivering orders.
- The entry-level position requires workers to stand during their shifts.
- Hourly wages begin around $9.
- Check out the Wendy’s crew member job description.
- These employees grill burgers and keep work stations clean.
- They may occasionally serve at the front counter or drive-thru window.
- Cooks often earn job benefits such as salary packages and life insurance.
- Pay rate typically starts around minimum, but may increase over time.
- Learn more by accessing the Wendy’s cook job description.
- This Wendy’s job involves taking orders, greeting guests, and operating registers.
- Other duties include wiping off tables and vacuuming.
- Entry-level cashiers earn an hourly pay rate of $9.
- Workers need to be friendly, since talking to patrons is key.
- Read the Wendy’s cashier job description for more information.
- In these Wendy’s careers, workers provide support to crew members, cooks, and cashiers.
- Management makes sure each customer enjoys a positive dining experience.
- Additional responsibilities involve hiring and scheduling.
- Salary options range from $30k to $45k per year and include paid time off.
Tips for Applying
Candidates who apply online can fill out Wendy’s job application forms for multiple roles at once. Those who list current employers as references may be more likely to receive employment offers.
Job hopefuls should call or visit the store to check on the status of their Wendy’s applications. Hiring managers are usually available for job interviews during mornings and early afternoons. Most locations tend to be busy throughout lunch and dinner hours.
Perks of Working at Wendy’s
Upon hire and onboarding, full-timers receive these Wendy’s job benefits:
- Healthcare coverage with dental, vision, and medical insurance
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Sick days and paid vacation
Part-time Wendy’s jobs bring employment benefits like flexible schedules, discounted meals, and competitive pay.
Additional Information about Wendy’s
Wendy’s helps children in foster care find homes. The chain oversees the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, an organization named for the company founder.