Upscale hospitality chain Westin Hotels & Resorts hires entry-level and experienced applicants alike for a diverse variety of hotel jobs. With nearly 200 locations on an international scale, employment opportunities remain plentiful for motivated candidates worldwide.
Facts About Working at Westin Hotels And Resorts
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Westin Hotels And Resorts?)
Available Positions: Front Desk Associate, Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Maintenance Worker, Food and Beverage Associate, Gift Shop Retail Sales Associate, Guest Services Associate, Spa Attendant, Call Center Customer Service Representative, Marketing Analyst, Human Resources Generalist, Administrative Assistant, Night Auditor, Front Office Manager, Housekeeping Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, Security Manager, Catering Manager, Hotel Manager
Westin Hotels & Resorts Employment Opportunities
Though already a successful brand, Westin Hotels & Resorts continues to grow and increase the scope of company operations. From 2005 to 2015, well over 50 new hotels opened under the company banner. As more locations arise, new jobs become available to applicants. Entry-level employment options accessible with chain include guest services and food preparation jobs. Management and supervisory career openings remain abundant, as well. In addition, plentiful career opportunities for candidates with appropriate experience persist at the corporate headquarters in Stamford, CT.
In order to ensure workers provide guests with the best service possible, the company largely offers associates ideal job experiences and work environments. Employees earn industry-competitive wages, as Westin remains a prominent and successful corporation. Workers also receive access to advancement opportunities, paid training, and lucrative employment benefits. Flexible scheduling options, due to the 24/7 hours of operation of hotels, represent regular draws, as well.
Westin Hotels & Resorts Jobs and Pay Scales
Westin Hotels & Resorts constantly seeks new employees to add to an already substantial workforce. Positions stand available in full-time, part-time, and seasonal capacities. Job seekers 18 years of age and older may apply for the following employment opportunities:
Front Desk Agent
- Front desk agents embody essential customer service roles with the company.
- Responsibilities range from accepting payments and providing change and receipts to distributing room keys and answering patron inquiries.
- Employees also normally answer phones on a regular basis.
- The chain hires friendly individuals with strong communication skills.
- Candidates with prior experience working in hotels generally gain preference from hiring managers, as well.
- Front desk agents usually enjoy wages of about $12.00 per hour.
- Westin hotels feature classy dining areas where guests may order freshly cooked food.
- Servers take orders and provide service to customers in the hotel dining areas.
- Typical job duties include refilling drinks, carrying dishes to tables, and proactively asking questions to ensure excellent service.
- The positions largely remain accessible to all candidates over 18 years old.
- However, job seekers with previous dining and/or hospitality industry experience may receive additional consideration during the hiring process.
- Servers generally earn about $6.00 an hour in addition to tips.
- On many days, the gratuities actually comprise greater portions of employee income.
Tips For Applying
The company maintains both online and in-person applications for job seekers to fill out. The business asks candidates to disclose previous work experience, contact info, related skills, and educational background on the forms. In addition to filling out the basic documents, applicants interested in management or corporate positions should submit resumes and cover letters along with applications. Fill out hiring documents thoroughly and honestly. Background and substance screenings also prove typical parts of staffing protocol at the hospitality chain.
The Westin hiring process may take as little as a few days or as long as several weeks. After submitting applications, employment hopefuls wait to hear from staffing personnel. Contacting human resources employees to make inquiries about the job application review process remains an effective method of demonstrating interest in available positions. Wear business attire when visiting hotels to speak with management, as staffing personnel expect serious candidates to dress in a manner which befits the formal and upscale atmosphere.
Benefits of Working at Westin Hotels & Resorts
As a leading hotel chain, Westin offers eligible workers competitive employment benefits packages. Health insurance packages regularly include medical, dental, and vision coverage. Qualified employees also access financial job benefits, such as:
- Stock purchase options
- Pension programs, and
- 401(k) retirement plans to help save for the future.
The employer additionally offers work-life balance programs with paid time off options like vacation days, sick time, and paid holidays. Employee discounts and free lunches widely prove available, as well.
Additional Information on Westin Hotels & Resorts
Westin Hotels & Resorts operates as a subsidiary brand of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. Other brands managed by the company include Sheraton, St. Regis, Element, and Four Points. The employer hires workers at over 1,200 properties throughout 100 countries. Due to the large network of locations, the hospitality and leisure corporation employs over 180,000 workers.