Established in 1997, White House Black Market persists as a popular retail destination for fashion- conscious consumers. The American retailer creates jobs as the chain grows to meet rising demands. Entry-level work and management careers regularly prove available for job seekers.
Facts About Working at White House | Black Market
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at White House Black Market?)
Available Positions: Sales Associate, Assistant Manager, Store Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
White House Black Market Job Opportunities
Hopefuls in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands may obtain work with the chain. The clothier remains successful in business endeavors and draws a large market of interested buyers to a wide network of boutique-style stores. Over 400 locations need full-time and part-time staff members to keep up with consumer demand. Candidates usually find White House Black Market stores within or near shopping malls or plazas.
Employment hopefuls looking for jobs in the fashion retail industry find promising opportunities to begin meaningful careers with the chain. The retailer hires candidates knowledgeable about fashion trends in clothing for women, sales techniques, and customer service. Aspiring workers able to perform basic sales associate responsibilities may obtain meaningful employment with the chain. Seasoned professionals often work at the management level. Managers train and supervise subordinate staff members and oversee store operations. Shipping jobs also prove available with the company, as the clothier maintains a comprehensive web store.
White House Black Market Employment and Pay Scales
Candidates must stand 18 years of age or older. The chain adheres to age requirement laws as well as Equal Opportunity Employment standards. Job seekers may apply for work in the following positions:
- Sales associates help customers make fulfilling purchases.
- Employees primarily meet and surpass sales goals while providing excellent customer service.
- Other job duties include processing cash and card transactions at the points of sale, maintaining visual appeal of displays and work areas, developing lasting business relationships with clientele, and monitoring for theft and loss prevention.
- Candidates need to possess high school diplomas or the equivalent to obtain sales associate work.
- While applicants with previous sales or retail experience may gain preference during the hiring process, the positions largely remain open to entry-level applicants.
- Though sales associates with White House Black Market normally earn minimum wage, bonus programs based on sales incentives allow employees to make additional money for excellent job performance.
- Also referred to as keyholders, sales leads support store managers and provide additional supervision and training to subordinate workers.
- Along with the duties of sales associates, keyholders carry out opening and closing procedures, prepare weekly schedules for store employees, oversee shipping and receiving transactions, and carry out performance evaluations.
- Candidates for sales lead jobs must hold high school diplomas or the equivalent and possess a minimum of three years previous retail experience.
- Sales leads enjoy wages of about $10.50 per hour.
Tips For Applying
Previous retail experience, customer service skills, and aptitude for sales remain the principal traits necessary to obtain work with the chain. Candidates without prior job experience should highlight volunteer and educational experiences as well as desires to learn and take interest in the industry. The company prefers to hire individuals with excellent senses of style. If possible, wear White House Black Market clothing to store visits and interviews to show dedication to the brand while displaying personal flair. In addition, applicants need to possess physical strength and stamina, as employees must lift and carry up to 30lbs. regularly.
Job seekers may submit hiring forms online or in person. After applying, follow up with staffing personnel by phone or by visiting store locations. Hiring managers typically contact applicants within one to two weeks of receiving documents. Making inquiries sooner shows interest and enthusiasm for jobs with the company. Remain professional when following up. Show consideration for the time and pressing duties of managers.
Benefits of Working at White House Black Market
In addition to attractive base pay, paid training, friendly work environments, and advancement opportunities, White House Black Market associates enjoy several job benefits. Employees may prove eligible for:
- Health insurance coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Maternity leave and 401(k) retirement plans
Qualified workers also enjoy paid vacation time and sick days. Full-time and part-time employees alike receive discounts of up to 40% off on company merchandise, as well.
More Information on White House Black Market
White House Black Market began as a fusion of two brands: The White House, founded in 1985, and Black Market, launched in 1995. The company operates as a subsidiary of Chico’s FAS, which also owns Soma Intimates and Boston Proper. All of the brands the business controls emphasize trends in the fashion. Corporate headquarters stand in Fort Meyers, FL.