Travel industry conglomerate Wyndham Hotels & Resorts operates as one of several lodging brands under the Wyndham Hotel Group spanning over 65 countries worldwide. The luxury hotels require constant onboarding and regularly hire new employees to keep up with customer demands.
Facts About Working at Wyndham Hotels And Resorts
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Wyndham Hotels And Resorts?)
Available Positions: Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant, Front Desk Agent, Maintenance Worker, Manager, Casual Room Attendant, Casual Housekeeping Team Leader, Food & Beverage Assistant, Guest Services Associate, Activities Associate, Lifeguard, Maintenance Technician, Guest Service Lead, Common Area Attendant, Guest Services Associate, Housekeeping Dispatch, Maintenance Manager, Guest Services Supervisor, Resort Manager, Guest Service Agent, Inbound Reservations & Customer Services Consultant, Sales Manager, Director – Human Resources, Reservation Sales Agent, Food & Beverage Supervisor, Head Chef, Pool Attendant, Shuttle Driver, Gift Shop Associate, Gift Shop Supervisor, Laundry Supervisor, Laundry Associate, Housekeeping Supervisor, Common Area Cleaner
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Employment Opportunities
Officially formed in 2006, the international chain of hotels provides myriad economic options for lodging. Guests enjoy modern amenities, such as WiFi, cable TV, computer lounges, online reservations, in-house spas, and high-end furniture. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts primarily reside in entertainment districts of major metropolitan areas, which provides direct access to surrounding events and nightlife. Placement in such high-traffic and heavily sought-after areas along with contemporary, industry-leading amenities and services create widespread opportunities for employment throughout the company. Applicants in search of entry-level guest services roles or careers in management may both find adequate lines of work offering competitive pay, advancement potential, and access to employment benefits.
A typical Wyndham Hotels & Resorts location requires active staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including national holidays. Services like day-spas and room service call for courteous, knowledgeable, and motivated workers to provide excellent customer care on-call or by appointment. Other job opportunities involve regular interaction with travelers and experience working with computers. Most positions feature some form of manual labor, even careers in management. Experience in the hospitality industry or some other customer-related line of work may prove necessary for employment.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Job Prospects and Salary Options
Most hotel chains falling under Wyndham control require applicants to stand at least 18 in order to gain employment in any available role. Upon hire, workers may move into senior, lead, or managerial positions offering lucrative salary options and access to comprehensive job benefits packages on top of introductory hourly rates and incentives. The average hotel associate works an entry-level job title and enjoys flexible scheduling. Common positions falling under the category include:
Guest Services Associate
- A full-time position despite entry-level status, the guest services associate job title encompasses room service, inventory, data entry, and general accommodations responsibilities.
- During each shift, guest services associates book, cancel, and set reservations, explain hotel amenities and grounds, delegate concierge, and log operations electronically.
- Use of computers remains crucial for most duties in addition to phones and other standard office equipment, such as filing cabinets and stationary supplies.
- Strong verbal communication skills and self-starting attitudes prove vital for employment.
- Workers must also present genial and courteous demeanors for hire.
- Shift assignments often vary among guest services associates.
- Experienced individuals may receive preference for day shifts and earn upwards of $14.00 or $15.00 hourly.
- Inexperienced candidates historically make minimum wage or slightly more at time of hire and assume night or weekend hours.
- Part of the arc of housekeeping jobs, laundry associate positions offer part-time and full-time scheduling options and minimum wage entry-level pay.
- Applicants must showcase positive, team-oriented, and dedicated personalities in order to work as laundry associates.
- Mild-to-heavy lifting proves typical in everyday tasks for the role.
- Job seekers must maintain sound physical health and stamina to represent solid fits for available laundry associate positions.
- Duties range from folding and storing linens and towels to operating washing machines and dryers, replenishing supplies, and preparing clean materials for use.
- The hotel chain requires little-to-no experience and regularly hires individuals without job histories into the position.
- Cooks and other culinary employees need to possess prior, related experience for employment consideration.
- The international hospitality company offers three tiered levels of cook jobs.
- Basic duties across the three levels of culinary positions include preparing food and sanitizing work stations.
- Applicants must understand the founding concepts of dishes available on restaurant menus and execute tasks in timely, efficient, and safe manners in order to thrive with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
- Regular lifting, bending, and general exertion, along with working in both hot and cold temperature extremes, require determination, genuine interest, and moderate physical health for employment consideration.
- Many of the restaurants operating under the company banner offer part-time and full-time hours.
- Pay scales typically depend on previous experience; however, entry-level cooks mostly earn between $9.00 and $10.00 per hour.
- Experienced cooks may receive annual salary options reaching in excess of $35,000 to $40,000.
Tips For Applying
While entry-level positions historically require no real experience or special accommodations for hire, applicants should take care and prepare employment materials exercising extreme professionalism in order to gain employment with the prominent hotel chain. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts uses the hiring and interview processes to screen for highly motivated, capable, and skilled workers. Including a resume and/or cover letter, even for entry-level jobs, may elevate individual candidacy. Attach the updated documents to the online application form or submit the materials in person at a desired location to increase odds of employment.
The hiring process for most Wyndham Hotels & Resorts jobs takes about a week to complete. Candidates often receive immediate review from company recruitment personnel, with callbacks or emails initiated within a few days to alert prospective associates of formal review. Callbacks and emails may take place months after submission, as the chain keeps applications on file for months and selects from hiring pools as positions become available. Applicants may take initiative and contact hotels of choice prior to receiving callbacks or emails in order to further express interest in job vacancies. Checking on application status may communicate genuine and sincere desires for employment.
Benefits of Working at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Discounts on travel and hotel accommodations frontline the work benefits available to employees across Wyndham Hotels & Resorts operations. Additional job benefits include:
- Uniform reimbursement opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive base pay and salary options, and
- Flexible scheduling.
Qualified associates also receive healthcare coverage, financial planning assistance like 401(k) retirement plans, and paid time off.
More Details on Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Appealing to travelers of all genders, the hotel chain maintains a blog specifically tailored to female-aligning guests. The website contains various blogs on subjects related to travel and lodging, including challenges in parenting on the road, feeding the family, romantic ideas for couples, and safety tips. Users may also log in to find the latest tips for traveling alone and ways to stay fit while on vacation or traveling for business.