Originating in Fullerton, CA, in 2006, Yogurtland offers over 100 variations of frozen yogurt flavors and toppings on a rotational basis. Regarded as the one of the first self-serve frozen yogurt retailers, the chain enjoys sustained popularity, which creates a large-scale need to hire new employees.
Facts About Working at Yogurtland
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Yogurtland?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Store Associate, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, General Manager
Yogurtland Employee Interview Videos
Yogurtland Job Opportunities
With over 300 stores across the United States and internationally, the booming business continues to expand and spur an influx of jobs. With most locations in malls or shopping centers, Yogurtland pursues workers accustomed to fast-paced environments and large-scale crowds. Most jobs entail monitoring customers, operating machinery, and handling cash. Employees must naturally exhibit humility, compassion, and cooperation, as the self-service stores remain busy. Energetic aspirants able to weather the aforementioned circumstances may find fulfilling career openings.
Offering gluten- and dairy-free options, Yogurtland places an emphasis on fresh and wholesome products instead of processed yogurts. Most available jobs exist in cafe-style locations, which requires associates to get used to working in retail settings. Applicants with personable demeanors enjoy some of the best chances of gaining employment, as constant customer interactions comprise daily job duties. Entry-level and career opportunities remain available for individuals seeking employment with an expanding chain.
Employment and Wages Information for Yogurtland
Most employees at Yogurtland start out as part-time associates, although exceptionally talented workers may obtain career-level employment. Store associates must demonstrate integrity and open-mindedness in innovative and teamwork-based environments. The health-food company seeks entry-level applicants 16 years or older with access to reliable transportation for the following positions:
- Essential duties of store associates consist of ensuring pleasant experiences for all customers.
- Responsibilities range from handling cash, preparing ingredients, and stocking dispensers to responding to inquiries and maintaining cleanliness in accordance with health and safety standards.
- Employees must also maintain fast working paces and prove able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Typically, store associates earn hourly pay ranging from $8.00 to $10.00 or close to state minimum wage.
- Shift leaders perform the duties of store associates while providing leadership.
- Beyond daily operations, shift leaders make safe deposits, assist with shift scheduling, coordinate individual duties, and taste products in rotation to ensure quality standards.
- Shift leaders also assist management in training, coaching, and developing entry-level workers.
- Applicants must possess at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Shift leaders usually make between $9.00 and $11.00 per hour.
- Store managers retain control of daily operations on a large-scale basis.
- Controlling operational costs as well as maintaining adequate inventory levels fall in the realm of responsibilities.
- Other routine functions include coordinating the training, coaching, and development of associates.
- Store managers also schedule preventative maintenance for machines, operating equipment, and the overall store.
- To meet the requirements of the job, applicants must complete some college courses in addition to certification in MS Office Word, MS Office Excel, and ServSafe.
- Normally, salary options include hourly wages between $12.00 and $15.00.
Tips For Applying
The application process may vary according to the immediate hiring needs of each specific location. Mentioning open availability on the application form or during a subsequent interview provides the franchise with needed night or weekend workers and typcially increases the likelihood of obtaining employment, in most cases. Applicants should readily demonstrate effective customer service skills delivered with friendly dispositions during the interview. Questions pertaining to thinking quickly, communicating concisely, and calculating basic math problems often arise, as well.
Due to large numbers of candidates, the entire application process may take anywhere from a day to a couple of weeks. Applying to Yogurtland typically results in a standard one-on-one interview with a store manager or shift leader. Applicants should check on the statuses of submitted paperwork regularly to bolster chances for landing interviews. Follow-up communication via phone calls or in-store visits after the first interview may increase the likelihood of advancing through the process.
Benefits of Working for Yogurtland
Fun and social work environments provide employees enjoyment. A 25% employee discount, flexible schedule options, and room for growth via promotion from within represent a sampling of various other job benefits. On top of base pay, employees may enjoy:
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Paid time off, and
- Paid vacation.
Yogurtland may also prescribe healthcare coverage, medical insurance, and life insurance as job benefits for full-time employees.
More Information on Yogurtland
Between November 23, 2013 and January 5, 2014, Yogurtland conducted blind taste tests with more than 1,000 participants in 15 different stores across the United States. Comparing nine in-house flavors to nine similar flavors created by a leading national competitor, the participants tasted out of unmarked cups and chose one flavor over another on ballots. The aggregated result of all 18 choices showed 68% of participants chose Yogurtland flavors over the competitor brand.