As the largest diamond retailer in North America, Zales offers large selections of diamond jewelry at low price points. The company hires friendly, dedicated individuals to work as sales associates and managers at more than 750 locations throughout retail shopping malls across the U.S.
Facts About Working at Zales
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Zales?)
Available Positions: Sales Professional, Operations Assistant, Assistant Manager, Branch Security Officer, Credit Services Marketing Specialist, Marketing Manager, Store Manager, Marketing Loyalty Program Manager, Buyer, Bench Jeweler, Lead Distribution Clerk, Marketing Product Manager, Staff Accountant, Customs Compliance Manager, Communications Specialist, Finance Director, Financial Analyst, IT Business Analyst, Accountant, Director of Purchasing, Credit Services Marketing Specialist Distribution Clerk, Jewelry Consultant, Customer Service Representative
Zales Job Opportunities
Zales first started in 1924 with one small store in Texas. Thanks to knowledgeable employees, expert customer service, wide jewelry selections, and innovative credit systems, the retailer expanded and claims the title of America’s Jeweler from many constituents, with terrific values on fine jewelry. Associates help customers choose the perfect pieces of jewelry for special occasions, such as weddings and engagements. Workers from the corporate-career level to part-time sales associates share passion for service, which makes the diamond retailer stand out among the competition.
For individuals at least 18 years of age looking to begin careers in the jewelry business, Zales proves an excellent place to find part-time sales jobs or entry-level management positions. Prospective workers possessing previous sales or retail experience make smooth transitions into luxury jewelry store jobs. Most store locations operate based on regular shopping mall hours, which generally requires associates to work weekends and holidays. Job environments prove fast-paced, fun, and enriching. Outgoing workers enjoy forging new business relationships with customers on a daily basis.
Employment Information and Salary Options at Zales
Individuals seeking part-time or full-time sales work may fill out online application forms for jewelry consultant jobs at Zales. For job seekers looking to begin or enhance retail management careers, the jewelry company hires qualified workers to fill store management positions. A list of job titles regularly for hire sits below:
- Jewelry consultants help customers find the right pieces of gold, platinum, and silver jewelry containing diamonds or other precious gemstones.
- By maintaining comprehensive knowledge about necklaces, rings, earrings, and bracelets, workers provide customers with expert advice during decision-making processes.
- Responsibilities of the job include opening and closing the store, managing inventory, communicating with guests in friendly and professional manners, meeting sales goals, cleaning display cases, and handling point-of-sales transactions.
- Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal skills, computer literacy, and demonstrate drive to exceed expectations.
- Workers typically earn hourly wages of $11.00, with the possibility of performance-based bonuses.
- With salary options usually coming in at around $46,000 a year, store managers work full-time to lead team members to success.
- In addition to communicating with upper management, holding staff meetings to discuss selling strategies, maintaining inventory, scheduling, hiring, and tracking day-to-day sales, store managers ensure sales teams remain effective and exceed guest expectations.
- Successful employees constantly exceed sales goals and maximize store profits.
- Individuals interested in becoming store managers must hold previous experience in retail management and demonstrate proven sales results.
- Skills in interpersonal communication and leadership prove essential.
- Preferred candidates possess high school diplomas or equivalents.
Tips For Applying
Prospective associates may fill out electronic application forms or seek out retail locations to apply in person. Online applications require individuals to create accounts in order to upload resumes for consideration. Applicants who choose to apply in person should ask to speak to store managers. The interview process typically takes about two weeks as managers review applications and conduct face-to-face interviews with promising applicants. Usual interview questions focus on behavioral situations aimed toward ensuring candidates fit in well with existing team members.
After reviewing resumes, hiring managers most commonly respond to eligible applicants via email or phone calls. Candidates may wish to check on application statuses by placing phone calls to desired retail locations. Following up with in-person visits to ask about application statuses also proves effective. Maintain a positive attitude and friendly demeanor when interacting on the phone or in person with management in order to leave a good impression.
Employee Benefits at Zales
Associates enjoy fun and friendly work environments with plenty of opportunities to advance professionally. Part-time workers enjoy flexible scheduling, employee discounts, and paid time off. Employment benefits for eligible full-time workers include company-matched 401(k) retirement plans, paid vacation time, and healthcare coverage, which encompasses medical insurance, dental, and vision plans.
More Details about Zales
Zales sells more diamond jewelry than any other retailer in the United States. In order to provide additional value, the company offers various diamond-based services. Following a lifetime diamond commitment policy, the prominent jewelry retailer promises to replace diamonds which end up broken or lost at no extra charge. The company also allows customers to trade in diamond jewelry and apply 100 percent of the original cost toward purchasing new diamond pieces.