Zara is an international name in chic clothing for men, women, and children. Based in Spain, the retailer has 75 locations in the United States. Prospective employees should be interested in personal style, but will find a work environment that is more low-key and nurturing than a luxury brand.
Facts About Working at Zara
Hiring Age: 18 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Zara?)
Available Positions: Cashier, sales assistant, sales associate, store manager, visual merchandiser
Zara Job Opportunities
The company culture encourages giving new hires responsibility and letting them develop their skills. Stores have established a formal process for promoting from within, which is attractive to career-minded job seekers. For instance, the majority of its managers started work as sales assistants.
From day one, full-time and part-time employees work in teams. This dynamic requires a willingness to share opinions and receive the input of others. Zara prefers job applicants who are multitaskers, driven, and creative.
Zara Positions and Salary Information
Applicants should be at least 18 years old. The company looks for hopefuls who are energetic, passionate, and like to learn. The following are common entry-level positions available at Zara locations:
- Zara cashiers handle all payments, exchanges, and returns.
- Starting hourly wages are usually around $10.00 per hour.
- The role requires great responsibility and accuracy, as well as friendliness.
- The primary responsibility of Zara sales assistants is to help customers find the products most suitable for their needs.
- They also replenish clothing stock as needed and keep the sales floor neat and clean.
- Pay rates are also around $10.00 an hour.
- With an average beginning wage of around $12.00, visual merchandisers at Zara set up attractive and engaging displays on the sales floor and in store windows.
- They assemble, update, and maintain displays as needed, following the schedule set forth.
Tips for Applying
The company encourages candidates to apply online. The job portal accepts applications for the opportunities that come up every day. Before applying, job seekers are encouraged to research Zara, and think about why they want to join and what they could bring to the organization. This research should include a visit to store locations and the company’s e-commerce site.
Interviews are typically scheduled within a few weeks. Job hopefuls should wait at least that long before following up. If contacted for an interview, it will likely be scheduled to take place on-site, not over the phone.
Benefits of Working at Zara
Full-time employees receive job benefits including:
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401(k) retirement plans with company match, and
- Healthcare coverage such as medical insurance.
All workers can expect flexible scheduling and store discounts, as well.
More Information about Zara
Zara is among eight retail store brands managed by Inditex, one of the world’s largest fashion companies. Globally, Inditex has more than 7,000 total stores and employs 150,000 people in various jobs and duties.