Quick-casual chicken restaurant Zaxby's oversees the hiring of employees across over 600 locations in the southern United States. The popular chain hires workers to fill jobs ranging from hourly part-time positions to salaried full-time careers.
Facts About Working at Zaxby's
Hiring Age: 16 years old (How old do you have to be to work at Zaxby's?)
Available Positions: Cashier, Crew Member, Cook, Assistant Manager, General Manager
Printable Application: No. Search Job Openings or visit official site.
Zaxby’s Interview Videos
Job Opportunities at Zaxby’s
The most common position available covers most duties necessary for day-to-day functions at the casual chicken chain and falls under the job title of crew member. The chain also offers employment opportunities suitable for experienced restaurant managers. Management careers require numerous responsibilities covering all areas of restaurant operations. Entry-level positions typically feature minimal hiring qualifications, while supervisory opportunities usually fall to qualified candidates with backgrounds in restaurant work and on occasion, academic degrees.
Working at Zaxby’s entails a level of professionalism, customer-service aptitude, and genuine motivation to properly please guests. As a result, entry-level applicants must demonstrate willingness to interact with the public and adhere to strict sanitation guidelines on the job. Managers and other supervisory employees carry the responsibility of assisting crew members in achieving restaurant standards on a day-to-day basis. The ability to multitask during busy stretches of business and maintain quality of both food and services remain integral to successfully developing the brand.
Zaxby’s Positions and Salary Information
The minimum age requirement for Zaxby’s jobs rests at 16 years. Other factors influencing hiring considerations include the reliability, communication skills, customer service abilities, positive attitudes, and team-oriented work ethic of applicants. Job seekers interested in working for a recognizable and successful restaurant chain should commit to work in positions such as:
- Primary responsibilities include cooking food, cleaning, maintaining inventory, manning drive-thru windows, operating cash registers, and interacting with customers.
- Zaxby’s team member positions pay minimum wage at start. As employees gain experience, pay scales increase up to $9.00 or $10.00 per hour.
- The position requires employees to work quickly and efficiently.
- Key job duties include hiring and training new employees, setting work schedules, processing payroll, ordering food items and promotional materials, driving sales, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Upon hire, assistant managers earn between $8.00 and $9.00 per hour at Zaxby’s restaurants. Depending on experience, starting pay may fall between $9.00 and $10.00 an hour. Most assistant managers make between $8.00 and $11.00 hourly pay. Zaxby’s general managers receive annual salary options often starting around $30,000. Increases in annual salary may lead to yearly earnings of $40,000 to $45,000.
- Hiring requirements for Zaxby’s managerial jobs often include high school diplomas, previous experience working in the fast food industry or as a manager, and the ability to meet the minimum age of 18.
- Standard responsibilities include food preparation, meeting standard sanitary procedures, and complying with regulatory measures.
- The standard pay for cooks starts at minimum wage.
- Successful candidates possess excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to successfully exceed service standards.
Tips For Applying
Franchising affects the hiring process at most Zaxby’s restaurants. Some stores may require in-person visits to pick up the required hiring documents, while others make the forms available online. Regardless of location, managers look for individuals with quick-learning personalities and excellent customer service skills. Individuals need to feel comfortable interacting with guests on a daily basis, working with hot kitchen equipment and materials, and looking presentable at all times.
Unless applicants are vying for managerial roles, the average prospective employee spends a day or two going through the hiring process. The informal and personal natures of filling out a paper application requires face-to-face confrontations with managers. Candidates sit through the brief meetings, which regularly result in interviews, and may even lead to job offers on the spot. If enough time passes after handing in an application, typically any more than a day, call or visit the restaurant of choice to follow up.
Benefits of Working at Zaxby’s
Employee benefits provided to associates working for Zaxby’s include many industry standards, such as flexible scheduling, discounted meals, and paid training. Workers may also receive complimentary or discounted pricing on uniforms. Work benefits, such as 401(k) retirement plans, health and wellness benefits, and paid time off provide a rewarding workplace for employees. Opportunities for advancement, pay increases, and fast-paced, enjoyable team environments provide employees with reasonable goals and aspirations. Specific employment benefits may vary by location, as Zaxby’s operates as a franchised restaurant chain.
More Information on Zaxby’s
In 2013, Zaxby’s partnered with and secured collective intellectual property rights with 25 Division I colleges and universities with a focus on the football and basketball teams. The sponsorship represents the six major athletic conferences across the states where the company maintains locations. The deal encompasses major schools in the Southeast, Midwest, and mid-Atlantic regions of the US. The company boasts the branding of “The Official Chicken of Sports Fans,” with cross-promotional ties as sponsors of the school sporting programs.
YOU HAVE TO BE 16 TO WORK AT ZAXBY’S. Stop asking if they will hire you at 15, NO. The only application or job postings online is for manager positions. Once you turn 16, go interview. Most teenagers (actually most employees besides managers) only work part time. I would recommend calling the Zaxby’s you want to apply to and find out when their interview day is. They have what is called “open-interviews” which is a set time for people to come and fill out an application and then they will interview you then. Have all of your info, and a pen! I worked there and the managers did not like when people come unprepared…even if it is just a fast food job – it looks bad! The interview is easy! Just be yourself. Don’t dress too fancy. And get there early. They will most likely interview whoever is there first, first. So if you don’t want to have to sit around all day get there like 15-20 minutes early.
Christopher Shavers says:
I worked for Zaxby before. I cooked, prepped and closed at night.
Rebecca Kyle says:
I loved working for Zaxby’s back in 2008 the best job I ever had.